Thursday, January 12, 2012

New Years Resolutions


New Years Resolutions...NOT to be confused with my "do before your next birthday" list!


It seems to me that every year I tell myself I'm going to do this or that as a resolution...but I thought maybe this year I would say my new resolution is to end all resolutions!


I figured if I did this, I could save myself the self-disappointment of not completing whatever ridiculous goal I set for myself. Especially when the only goal I really want to achieve this year is to write even more books than I did last year.

It's the personal goals I set for myself that always get neglected...


Eating healthy always ends up in a sugar-binge!


Getting out more always ends with spending more time on the computer writing!


And working out more always ends with a few walks on the trail before I see a snake and decide the trail is too dangerous!


So I discovered a few solutions:
1.    Make sure I get at least 50% more fruits and veggies in my diet, and if the other half consists of sugary goo, then I feel like I've done it half right.
2.    I declared that going to Walmart or the grocery store counts as getting out!
3.    And finally...the treadmill is much safer than walking the trail, and if I walk on it more days of the week than half, then I'm satisfying the resolution.


You may not agree with my tactics, but if it works for me, then I'm okay with that!


Has anyone out there ever kept a resolution?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think you have to do what you can live with. If you commit to more you just end up with unnecessary guilt. and who needs more of that. I tried the new year resolution this year for the first time in more than a decade so perhaps you should take a peak at just how much guilt I may be setting myself up for.
http://fabulositynouveau.blogspot.com/2012/01/my-first-new-year-resolution-list.html

Horse and Carriage

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...